Media

August 14, 2009

Drug Detection

Ellie just keeps amazing me every time I turn around. We went to the park today to work on her on-lead behavior as well as let Luke walk around and play on the swings. As soon as we parked the car and rolled the windows down, Ellie started just acting WEIRD. She had never done anything like that before. She was just anxious and wouldn't sit still. At first, I thought it was just the kids running around and sliding on the play sets. I was just trying to comfort her and move on. We got to a really small stone bridge that runs over a three-foot wide creek, and Ellie would not stop spinning. I just ignored her for a moment and took a look around to see what might be setting her off. I saw by the creek, a small black bag hidden in plain sight behind a tree, and about a hundred feet away sat some guy in an old rugged car. He was just sitting there. I knew whatever was in that bag was making Ellie go CRAZY. I pretended there was nothing of it, comforted Ellie, and tried to act normally. I let Luke play on the swings for a couple of minutes, then we got out of there. As soon as I started leaving, I called the police to report a suspicious bag. I didn't hang around to figure out what it was or what was in it, but I talked to Mom, and she said it was probably a drug drop. DUH! That would be a good reason to make Ellie act so strangely. Maybe I should get Ellie into tracking... I LOVE ELLIE! I praised and praised her when we got in the car and back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment