Media

January 10, 2013

Enough

My kennel is downsizing a bit. I have decided not to breed shelties again. My first and last litter were such a heart ache, I don't wish to go through it again. With seven total puppies, five survived, which is a good number for a breeder, but I cannot take that pain again.  The first puppy was turned into a tripod, one puppy was a stillborn water baby, and the one girl I named Jinx passed away at two weeks of age. Duke, the tripod, is doing well in his new home. He went home the weekend before Christmas, and I hear great things from his teenage owner. :) Karma will be spayed soon, and so will Shaine.  Of course, Freckles is still available to an approved pet or performance home. 
I would like to focus a bit more on performance, as I've been saying for a while, so maybe I'll be able to get off my rear and work some. :) Poppet has such a wonderful temperament for a hound to work in performance. I bet she'll wow a few people while we work a bit in obedience and rally. Agility will have to be put on hold for a while until I can actually travel to classes, but that won't be for a little bit yet.

A few last phrases for the new year:
1. Remember to love your neighbors, even if they can be a pain.
2. What other people think about you is none of your business.
3. May your 2013 resolutions come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment